Saturday, January 1, 2011

Nostalgia to the childhood

We have a cow in our house. Two days before yesterday I took her for grazing in a ground. We don't have the meadows that big so there are just grounds. There were some kids playing a game called "game ball". The rules for this game are different in different places. But somethings are common. There is a pile of bricks that are stacked in a heap. Some put the ball over the pile or some others use it to hit the pile or some others have ball in the hands of opponents and hit the pile with a stone or brick or anything. Anyway, the main target is the pile that is to be hit from a certain marked distance and the pile should be destroyed. Then the hitting team comes to pile the bricks again where as the opponent team uses ball to hit the ones who pile the bricks. If all members are hit the opponent wins and gets turn for hitting the pile otherwise if the hitting team piles all the bricks they win and get chance to hit again. More the number more is the game interesting as there will be more bricks to pile up.

So I was there looking at the game and they were just playing. The hitting distance was a bit larger for the smaller players and they even couldn't hit or hardly roll the hitting stone to half the distance. It was funny the way they were hitting and trying to reach the target. Only the bigger ones had chances to hit the target. But they had to be lucky to hit the pile. The game is not the game without some quarrels and the battle place and the playground is not a place for those who can't run or do as they should do. There was some hook and crook things then started the smaller quarrels. Even the same team partners scolded the ones who couldn't perform better. Then a girl sat and said 'I will not play, no more'. The teams were unbalanced and a smaller one with lower significance was transferred to this team. The game continued with some this and that things.


So they played and I just watched them play. It felt nice even watching them and I felt how we miss things from the past as we move on and we become nostalgic about them. I longed to go back to that time when I also used to play the same game and used to quarrel with my friends. Childhood is really a great time. Though I can't go back to it I still can enjoy watching the new kids play the games.

No comments:

Post a Comment