A new member has joined the college. A former senior batch student from my own college is with us now to work as full time teacher. This is a good thing for me as I had never wished to teach the students. If she weren't there it would have been on my shoulders to tech some related subjects when the associated teacher is unavailable. And now, I am relaxed that that the burden is of my shoulder.
The exam continues as it has been going on int he college. I was not supposed to be the invigilator yesterday but due to some reasons I was entitled for that. It was a bad day for me. I am a moderate controller. We were three people at two rooms. One a teacher of my time as student and another is a new comer in college. The first one is very go easy type person for exams letting students do whatever they wish. In my former post I wrote about letting examinees loose. At that time we two were guards in the hall and I learned to let loose from him.
Yesterday I got the bad sides of letting the examinees loose. The noises they made were annoying and they were like uncontrollable. He was even unable to control anything and called me from next room to control the noise. Even I had to try hard for that and was only partly successful. In NEPALI we have a saying, "IF YOU GIVE A FINGER AS AID THEY'LL TRY TO GOBBLE YOUR WHOLE HAND". I felt the same way. We were giving them chance and they were trying to get over us. This is it, now there will be no more moderate time. All the exams will be tight.
Meanwhile, the second colleague is a strict type. He couldn't bear what happened and was continuously complaining with me. He alone also couldn't control the class without the help of the first teacher.I also felt bad in myself.
For the bright side, I got paid for the last twelve days of previous month. This is the month as per the lunar system. How much I got paid?????...........OH!!!!!! it is only 2574 NRs. I got paid as a teaching intern. I am happy to receive my first payment though this is like 25% of what others are being paid. Compared to the inflation in Nepal and the world as a whole is facing this is like a drop of water in the ocean and is nothing at all. But still I am happy. Maybe the way each person feels for the first time when they receive their first income of hard earnings. This money I handed to my mother and asked back for 1000 NRs. HA HA HA!!!! I still need some to continue myself isn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment